Loop is a project of Uncertainty Media, LLC. Details on how we use your data is listed below.
Terms of Service
Terms listed in this document:
- PII: Personally Identifiable Information.
- User(s): The consumers of our website, app, and future projects related to Loop.
- Information: Data, statistics, and any storable content from or created by an User.
- Components: Any interactable or part of our app, for instance: Camera view, Post, Activities, Chat
We do not sell User PII to any third party.
- Phone Number. To ensure we can provide our services, prevent misuse, and verify the origin of your account.
- Birth Date. To verify that users are not minors.
- Device Information. We collect statistics relating to the devices you use on Loop:
- information about your hardware and software
- Camera and Photos. When you use Loop, you will be recommended to allow permissions for your camera and microphone for taking photos and videos.
- Location. When you use Loop we may ask to collect information about your location, only with your permission. This may include: fine location, GPS, cellular, and compass.
- Usage Information. We collect statistics relating to how you use Loop to better provide services and support, for instance:
- Which Components you use or have issues with.
- What Components you spend most time on.
- Number of Messages, Posts, Activities, etc that you create/interact with.
- Logging. We collect information when you use Loop and our websites. This helps us provide better security to prevent harassing and criminal activity on Loop. These may include others and the following:
- device information
- pages viewed
- pages you visited before or after navigating to our website.
- access times
- IP address
- Country/Time Zone
- We use client based storage (cookies, local storage, etc) to allow you to interact with Loop.
- You may elect to delete or disable this data on your web browser. Deleting client storage will affect how we can provide you with Loop.
What we do with your information:
We use your data to provide Users with better service, improve Loop, and prevent misconduct
- develop, operate, improve, deliver, maintain, and protect our products and service.
- send you communications, including by email.
- improve the security of our services.
- verify your identity and prevent misconduct listed farther down this document.
How we share information
- With other users. We may share the following information with other users:
- User display name, username, profile pictures.
Most content like Posts and Activities created in Loop will be automatically deleted from our servers after the content has been viewed by the recipients, or the content has expired.
Other content, like Chats, are stored until the author deletes them.
While our systems are designed to carry out our deletion practices automatically, we cannot promise that deletion will occur within a specific timeframe. There may be legal requirements to store your data and we may need to suspend those deletion practices if we receive valid legal process asking us to preserve content or if we receive reports of abuse or other Terms of Service violations. Finally, we may also retain certain information in backup for a limited period of time or as required by law.
Your right to refuse
You have the right to refuse how we collect your data. You may delete you account at any time, all PII relating to you will be deleted withing 30 days.
If we receive a valid legal court order from a United States court we will provide the authorities with the requested PII if we still store it.
International Storage of data
We may collect your PII and store/transfer data between United States and other countries.
Misuse and Abuse
- We will moderate content on our site when it is reported to us by our users.
- We do not allow any form of harassment of our Users.
- Any content or services illegal in the United States is forbidden and may result in a permanent or temporary ban.
- Spamming, Botting, Phishing, and other types of user activities are not permitted on Loop.
To abide by federal law of United States we are required to ask for your birth day.
Our service are not intended for, and we don’t direct them to, anyone under 13.